Volunteer At Dakin
if you love animals and want to make a difference, volunteer with Dakin!
There are many different ways to be part of our life-saving mission to help animals and their people. Volunteer positions encompass all operational areas of Dakin including:
- Organizing special off-site events including donation drives, fundraisers, and “friendraisers".
- In-home foster care for homeless animals in need (especially cats and kittens!).
- Matching potential adopters with the furry or feathery family member who matches their lifestyle and is right for them.
- Transporting animals in need across town or across the state.
- Sharing gardening, landscaping, and maintenance skills to help keep our adoption centers beautiful and functional.
- Promoting favorite adoption center animals by creating posters or signs and posting them with permission in places such as school, church, or the public library.
- Hands-on adoption center animal care and enrichment.
- And much more!
Learn more about how you can become a part of the exciting work of Dakin.