Volunteer At Dakin
Upcoming Welcome Sessions
The first step towards becoming a Dakin volunteer is attending a Welcome Session. In general, Welcome Sessions take place every month. One session is scheduled at our Springfield Adoption & Education Center, and another is scheduled at our Leverett Adoption Center. Sessions are generally held on weekday evenings. Please note--all volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
Questions? – Please contact Nicole Graziano at 413-781-4000 x111 or email@example.com
Currently, only the date for the next Welcome Session is posted on our website. For information on how to register for other upcoming Welcome Sessions please contact Nicole Graziano (contact information is listed above).
Please note: You will only need to attend ONE of these sessions, as they all cover the same information. Also, you can attend ANY Welcome Session, regardless of which location you choose for volunteering.
Please plan to arrive five minutes early to look through handouts. Sessions start PROMPTLY at 6pm.
For directions to either adoption center, please click here.
Thank you for your interest in helping the animals of Dakin. We look forward to working with you!
if you love animals and want to make a difference, volunteer with Dakin!
There are many different ways to be part of our life-saving mission to help animals and their people. Volunteer positions encompass all operational areas of Dakin including:
- Organizing special off-site events including donation drives, fundraisers, and “friendraisers".
- In-home foster care for homeless animals in need (especially cats and kittens!).
- Matching potential adopters with the furry or feathery family member who matches their lifestyle and is right for them.
- Transporting animals in need across town or across the state.
- Sharing gardening, landscaping, and maintenance skills to help keep our adoption centers beautiful and functional.
- Promoting favorite adoption center animals by creating posters or signs and posting them with permission in places such as school, church, or the public library.
- Hands-on adoption center animal care and enrichment.
- And much more!
Learn more about how you can become a part of the exciting work of Dakin.
If you want to start right away...
We always need foster care volunteers, and people who are interested in creating and organizing individual donation drives and other fundraisers. If you are interested in one of these opportunities, please read more about them at What Can I Do to Help as a Volunteer?
for all other opportunities...
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering with the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society! If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering with Dakin, please join us at one of our upcoming Welcome Sessions. The Welcome Session is the first step towards volunteering with Dakin. At the Welcome Session you will learn about Dakin and how you can become part of our team.